David’s Star Lutheran School is a closed campus during the school day in order to provide a safe learning environment for the students.
Security Procedures for All Visitors
1. The main (west) entrance of the school building will be used for all exits and entries to the school, except in cases of fire or emergency.
2. The main entrance (west) door is unlocked at 7:00 AM for students who arrive for Before-School Care. The door will remain open so faculty members, parents and their children, and bus students may enter the building before school begins.
3. From 8:00-8:30, a staff member will greet and monitor students and parents at the main entrance.
4. At 8:30 AM, the secretaries lock the main entrance.
5. All school doors are locked from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM.
6. Anyone (parent, congregation member, delivery person, etc.) needing to enter the school building during school hours must press the buzzer by the front door. Once the secretary learns their identity and purpose, she will buzz them into the building.
7. Anyone entering the school building must stop in the office and sign the school visitor’s log. A visitor’s pass will be issued to independent contractors, delivery drivers, or other personnel entering the building beyond the office.
8. Students needing to leave during the school day must be picked up at the front (west) entrance. Parents needing to drop off anything during the day should drop it off in the office, and the classroom teacher will be notified.
9. At 3:30 PM, the front (west) door will be unlocked until 6:00 PM (or before) for parents picking up their children in After-School Care.
*Staff members are encouraged to inform the office if they are expecting any visitors.
Sign for the front door.
Please press the buzzer on the right to enter the building. Upon entering the building, you must report immediately to the office.
Sign for the back (south) door.
To enter the building, please go to the main entrance on the west side of the school.